quesHow to transfer property of father? He is missing for 20 years now.

I stay I pune I need some guidance for property transfer. My father is missing from last 15 years.and property is in name of my father.we have not given missing complaint because we were school kids and mother is illiterate.but when i was age of 20 decided to give complaint but police not supported for this statement as it was 10 year late.but now I m married and I need to take future step I m completely blocked so pls guide....

  • ansStating the fact you can send the complaint to the concerned Police station by Speed Post or registered A,D, Further you can also seek declaration from the Court in respect of missing of your father since last 15 years. Once you get the declaration from the court you can bring the name of all the legal heirs on the property card i.e. revenue record

    Advocate Riyaz Khan

      Surendra Nagar, Nagpur

  • ansIn India civil court can grant a declaration to the effect that a person is presumed dead if he is no proof that he was heard of being alive during last 7 years. It can be termed as being declared dead in absentia or legal presumption of death.

    Hope this serves your purpose.

    You can check section 107 n 108 of Indian Evidence Act for the legal basis for such declaration, if need be.

    Advocate Prasad Arvind Abhyankar

      Amravati Road, Nagpur

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can christian issue less widow get a share in the FIL's property? We have a…

I have an issue related to my fathers property.We are only three sisters no brother.In…

My father in law & his friend purchased a shop on lease in naya bazar…
People living at first floor have build a temple there, which is creating a lot…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly