How to transfer parents property in my name? Dispute arising in it.
Recently my parents passed away. I want to transfer the property in my name. Now another person comes up to me with an affidavit stating that my mother has sold the property to him. Does his affidavit have any value? I have the original land papers in my parents name with me. How can I transfer it in my name?
Mere affidavit has no value. Sale of property has to be done by registered sale deed.
On basis of death certificate of your parents apply for mutation of property in your name.
Notice will be issued to all legal heirs if any. If no objection is received property would be mutated in your name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle not wiling to divide property as per Will of grandfather
- Mental harassment by in laws and husband.
- My girlfriend is threatening me to kill herself what to do
- Bank not giving me relieving letter despite accepting my resignation
- Filed 498A case but case not started since two years