quesHow to transfer parents property in my name? Dispute arising in it.

Recently my parents passed away. I want to transfer the property in my name. Now another person comes up to me with an affidavit stating that my mother has sold the property to him. Does his affidavit have any value? I have the original land papers in my parents name with me. How can I transfer it in my name?

• ansMere affidavit has no value. Sale of property has to be done by registered sale deed. 

On basis of death certificate of your parents apply for mutation of property in your name. 

Notice will be issued to all legal heirs if any. If no objection is received property would be mutated in your name.