How to should i proceed to sell my property? What law should i know?
I am 67 year women and I have a flat in south Delhi and I want to sell it. Kindly guide me as How should I proceed. I have talked to a property dealer.
What are the laws which I should be aware of and implement? Your advice will be of great help to me.
There are no specific laws that you need to know. Transfer of property is governed by Transfer of Property Act, however, you only have to be careful in drafting the terms of the Agreement to Sell wherein no such provision is added which can land you into trouble after the sale.
You need to be sure that there are no encumbrances / claims with respect to the said property and if the property has a clear title, you can proceed with the sale.
After finding a suitable buyer, we would suggest you to consult an advocate or even we can help you to draft your Agreement and ensure your interests are protected.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Tax demand from my previous employer what are my legal rights?
- friend borrowed money- refusing to return
- What are the documents required for payement gateway for a new website
- How to change name for application in passport and pan card
- Case dismissed from Supreme court can I file in FORA