How to sell ancestral land in name of father in law and his sister?
We want to sell off our ancestral land which is in the name of my father in law & his sister. It is a remote area & the sister's son has been staying & using the land for farming purpose since the last 6 - 7 years & claims to have been a care taker of the same & asking for the money in lieu of the same.
Though we did not have any discussion regarding him (father in law's sister's son) to take care of the property as a care taker, as the land is well maintained with boundary & does not require care taking.
What should we do?
In reply to your query, we would like to know where is the land situated and is the land agricultural or is the person merely using it for agricultural purpose, as depending upon these the appropriate proceedings can be initiated.
Since the share / portion of your father-in-law and his sister is also not specifically demarcated, a suit for partition can be filed, whereupon your father-in-law's share can be specified and thereafter he can sell the same to a third party, if he so desires.
Further, the relations between your father-in-law and his sister are also not clear from the question. The person in occupation can further say that he is in occupation of portion of his mother.
Hence, we would require more details to ascertain the way to secure your father-in-law' rights and interest in the property.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to recover loan amount when loanee is unavailable
- Can I be asked to pay increased TDS value after resignation
- Harassment by employer and asking to pay bond amount
- Sexual exploitation by an army officer
- Whether marriage done in arya samaj mandir without my consent valid