quesHow to sell a property which has a high court stay order on it?

I bought a property and got it registered in my name 5 years ago and the seller did not tell me that there was a stay against the property in the Delhi High Court.

I filed criminal and civil cases against the seller but the cases are taking too long to be sorted.

Now i want to sell the property.

How can I do this as the stay and other cases are still pending in the High Court.

  • ans

    In such a case you can file an application for urgent hearing of the matter, or whenever next listed to request the court for fast disposal, bringing before the court your financial requirements.

    Secondly, the most important thing in situation of a stay it is recommended and adviced strictly to abide with the orders of the court, else you will attract contempt of court proceeding that will be initiated against you.

    There is no way you can proceed with sale, one option is filing an application for vaccation of stay but with the property beind a subject matter of dispute,  cant be sold as no buyer would want to go ahead in such a scenario.

    On the other hand,  i will advise you that property matters are very critical and sensitive and there must be some escape but for that the documents need to be carefully studied.

    Please ensure to talk to your advocate before every hearing and keep your self posted.

  • Learn how you can get a stay order on property with this Indian Law Guide on stay orders
  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Myself my mother and my two sisters are staying in a villa since 1974.This villa…

Can i ask for an amendment to include some properties that I missed out while…
My father has sold his agriculture land and home to my step brother. because my…
Does grandson have right on grandfathers properties in J& K

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly