How to sell a property which has a high court stay order on it?
I bought a property and got it registered in my name 5 years ago and the seller did not tell me that there was a stay against the property in the Delhi High Court.
I filed criminal and civil cases against the seller but the cases are taking too long to be sorted.
Now i want to sell the property.
How can I do this as the stay and other cases are still pending in the High Court.
In such a case you can file an application for urgent hearing of the matter, or whenever next listed to request the court for fast disposal, bringing before the court your financial requirements.
Secondly, the most important thing in situation of a stay it is recommended and adviced strictly to abide with the orders of the court, else you will attract contempt of court proceeding that will be initiated against you.
There is no way you can proceed with sale, one option is filing an application for vaccation of stay but with the property beind a subject matter of dispute, cant be sold as no buyer would want to go ahead in such a scenario.
On the other hand, i will advise you that property matters are very critical and sensitive and there must be some escape but for that the documents need to be carefully studied.
Please ensure to talk to your advocate before every hearing and keep your self posted.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the difference between a company and a firm?
- can I take Foreign Investment from a friend for startup
- In laws forged document on girl's behalf. How to get her rights back?
- How can I divorce if husband is a Kenyan staying in Kenya
- How much time does a bail appeal take to reach High Court