How to prove distribution of land w/o having distribution certificate?
My father has a land in our village in his own name after family distribution but the problem is that "vatani patrak" (property distribution certificate) has not been made.
Our uncles had exchanged the land in between them but made a "kheradi patrak" (buying certificate) for it and now they are asking us for more land saying that the distribution is not yet finalised and also not giving us the right to sell the land.
Also, one of the uncle is frightening us and telling us that he will give a stay order on all the lands. We are staying in Mumbai and both the uncles are staying in village. What to do?
By "vatani patrak" (property distribution certificate) do you mean a Partition Deed and by "kheradi patrak" (buying certificate) do you mean a Sale Deed?
We will have to examine how your father acquired the said property. If it is an Ancestral Property, then there has to be a Proper Partition Deed duly registered before a sub registrar. If the partition has not taken place, how can they even exchange the land?
Please provide us with the complete facts so that we can provide you with the exact legal solution.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In laws thrown me out of marital house can I file for maintenance case
- Is it compulsory to be present before court in mutual divorce case
- my daughter is being harassed and not being given any money to live
- Advice on what to do in the situation
- regarding loan and Agreement for Sale