quesHow to prove distribution of land w/o having distribution certificate?

My father has a land in our village in his own name after family distribution but the problem is that "vatani patrak" (property distribution certificate) has not been made. 


Our uncles had exchanged the land in between them but made a "kheradi patrak" (buying certificate) for it and now they are asking us for more land saying that the distribution is not yet finalised and also not giving us the right to sell the land. 


Also, one of the uncle is frightening us and telling us that he will give a stay order on all the lands. We are staying in Mumbai and both the uncles are staying in village. What to do?


  • ans


    By "vatani patrak" (property distribution certificate) do you mean a Partition Deed and by "kheradi patrak" (buying certificate) do you mean a Sale Deed?


    We will have to examine how your father acquired the said property. If it is an Ancestral Property, then there has to be a Proper Partition Deed duly registered before a sub registrar. If the partition has not taken place, how can they even exchange the land?


    Please provide us with the complete facts so that we can provide you with the exact legal solution.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi , I am planing to buy a villa with two floor construction of plot…
We have got a agriculture land from our ancestors, which was meant to be divided…
I am the only son of my father and mother. Recently my father died due…
My father bought property in Delhi on joint name of himself and brother. Now he…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly