×

quesHow to prove distribution of land w/o having distribution certificate?

My father has a land in our village in his own name after family distribution but the problem is that "vatani patrak" (property distribution certificate) has not been made. 

Our uncles had exchanged the land in between them but made a "kheradi patrak" (buying certificate) for it and now they are asking us for more land saying that the distribution is not yet finalised and also not giving us the right to sell the land. 

Also, one of the uncle is frightening us and telling us that he will give a stay order on all the lands. We are staying in Mumbai and both the uncles are staying in village. What to do?

By "vatani patrak" (property distribution certificate) do you mean a Partition Deed and by "kheradi patrak" (buying certificate) do you mean a Sale Deed?

We will have to examine how your father acquired the said property. If it is an Ancestral Property, then there has to be a Proper Partition Deed duly registered before a sub registrar. If the partition has not taken place, how can they even exchange the land?

Please provide us with the complete facts so that we can provide you with the exact legal solution.