queshow to protect property form ex-wife which was build by husband?

Dear Sir, i got married last year in 2014 my husband was divorced in 2013 and we are living in USA. as my husband's x-wife is also living in USA and earning more than my husband in current. my question is that they have 1 joint property which is in India. the question is my husband is already paying child benefit every month. the reason of the divorced was she cheated in marriage and got marriage before my husband got married again. as the property was on loan and it was paid off by my husband now she want to get 50% of the share. What can we do in such situation?

Your query is silent on who is the first owner of the property? Or the property was purchased on proportion of 50%-50%.

If she is the second owner and most of the money is paid by your husband in such case your husband will have more percentage of share.

However we can only comment further, on either examining the document or if you provide above mentioned detail facts