How to get share in parents property after their death?
My father died in 1997 leaving behind a firm having about 50 lac yearly turnover, 4 houses. He did not make any Will. My brother took over the charge of his business and did not give my share. neither from business nor from house property. We are total 4 brother/sisters. My mother expired in 2010. She also made no Will. What should I do now, to get my share?
You can file suit for partition claiming 1/4th share in property of your parents.
You can also obtain an injunction restraining your brother from disposing of the properties or creating any third party rights till the disposal of the suit.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle's name in 7/12 of ancestral property now he is not giving NOC
- Company sending legal notice after leaving company 2 years later.
- What are the factors that determine amount of maintenance to be paid?
- What are the requirements and process to register a trust?
- Can i rent out father's property as he suffered brain stroke?