queshow to get share in father in law property if husband has another wife

I got married in 2010 and my in laws do not treat me as their daughter in law. My husband is married to another woman before me as well. My father in law expired recently and my husband's elder brother does not treat me as part of the family. In a property settlement they are not counting me in as a share holder as they say that since my husband stays with some other woman (his wife before me), I am not eligible for any share. Please let me know how to get my share?

• ans1) Assuming that you are a Hindu by religion, if your husband married you without obtaining a divorce from the first wife, the marriage with you is not valid and it fails to create any rights from your husband, unfortunately.

2) Secondly wife does not have any rights in the property of the husband or the estate of his deceased father, even if your marriage was a valid one.

• ansmadam, reading your story, it definately attracts prima facie the offences under Indian penal code also by filing civil suit and proceedings under domestic voilance act, u'll get all the reliefs you want. so all the doors of law are open for you but you you need to knock it through right channel. so wish you all the best.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansHello,
    1) Assuming that you are a Hindu by religion, if your husband married you without obtaining a divorce from the first wife, the marriage with you is not valid and it fails to create any rights from your husband, unfortunately.

Advocate S J Mathew

Thane, Mumbai

• ansFirstly have to see exactly on the date of ur marriage whether husband was married or divorce first wife . n if u r second wife then u have other options

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune