quesHow to get property back forcibly acquired by father's brother?

What can my brother's wife do if her parent's property has been forcefully occupied by her father's brother and his wife? My brother's wife is the only child and both her parents passed away recently wherein their property has been forcefully occupied by the father's brother and his wife.


Now they are threatening my brother's wife and saying that the property belongs to them. The property is in the name of my brother's wife's parents.


How can she get it back?


  • ans


    Your brother's wife needs to file a suit for declaration of title, recovery of possession and permanent injunction of the property in the Competent Court. You are first class legal heir and legally entitled to the property.


    She need to satisfy the Court that she is entitled to dispossessing the Defendant (Your brother's wife's father's brother and his wife) from the suit property and restoring the possession to her.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

How should I check whether a Property is legal or not? There is no governing…

my father constructed a house in the common land which is not registered. my uncle's…

my mother wants to file a partition case against her father for her propety share.her…
I have a property wich was aloted on my big brothers name In 1976 From…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly