How to divide property which is not registered in our name?
My father and his brother purchased one shop from their relative, but did not register that. Now my father has died and I have all the orignal documents with me. My father's brother has opened a shop there and is not ready to divide the property.
Please tell me, what legal options do we have, considering the fact that the shop is still in our relative's name and I have all the orignal documents including the sale deed.
If you state that your father and his brother has executed a sale deed then he must have registered and paid a stamp duty. So how are you stating that the property is not registered?
In this regard, we will have to examine the documents or would request you to provide us with complete facts.
If the sale deed or papers are proper, then you along with all legal heirs will have equal rights in the shop and to claim your rights, by filing a Suit for partition.
However, we can still provide you with the exact legal solution after acquiring complete facts and examining the documents.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- tenant refuses to pay rent of commercial property for minor issues
- Loan Defaulter (Father), does son legally have to pay
- A good performer at job. Can they still remove me w/o formal letter?
- Have more experience then others but still no promotion
- Wife filed false dowry case - how to safeguard