How to divide ancestral land equally among legal heirs?
My grandfather set aside land(52 decimel ) to my father and my uncle.However, as per the property papers the land is 52 decimel but in actuals the land is 55 decimel. we have constructed a house in an area of 26.25 decimel.On getting the measurement done by the govt. officials the land obtained to my uncle was 23 decimel. Moreover, the rest of the land was occupied by my fathers cousins. Also, to get the road area my uncle's part of the land has to be divided from the middle of his property. our uncle is having grievance for his part of the land being reduced and wedont want to leave our share. What should we do?
You will get your share as per the area mentioned in property papers. If you intend to claim the remaining portion then all the parties will have to file a suit for declaration thereby seeking declaration from the court for the remaining land .
Further in the said suit also seek partition for your share.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Delay in possession want to cancel my booking but no response
- House sold to promoters order passed we are not tenants
- Can my daughter claim share in her father's ancestral property?
- Is there any provision for video conference in cases we cannot appear
- Broke 3 years bond with the company I was working for