How to claim share in ancestral property?
Mother and brother don't want to give rightful share in property, which is ancestral. Dad inherited it, left no will. Two flats combined into one, mom says one her's and one son's will give her flat to her son. Have no financial means to fight them, am a widow, children not settled as yet. Have no property in my name, want to be secure in future without having to depend on children. Brother planning on selling flat after mother, joining his family in US. Pl advice if any legal cell for women in Mumbai. Went to Majlis, but they only dealing in domestic cases, so no help forthcoming.
Assuming you are Hindus,
As per Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, you have a right on the ancesteral property.
Further you will have to file a suit for partition thereby seeking claim in the property and alongwith the application you will have to file an application for temporary stay, thereby seeking status quo which means that your brother cannot sell the property.
It is an individual private matter, so you will not get free legal aid in this matter.
you can file civil suit against all the co sharer, so you need to appoint one good civil lawyer and consult with him. there are remedies availbale for you you have equal share in the property as the brother or sons do hav being the property is ancestral if you come under hindu laws.
Advocate Sagar KothariDistrict Court Shivajinagar, Pune
you can file a Suit for Partition against your mother and brother. further, if you want immediate remedy for residence then you can proceed under Domestic Violence Act. being widow you need not pay the Court Fees.
Advocate Sangram Singh DesaiShivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- False case of rape by domestic help what can i do
- Asking about divorce as wife unable to understand what I am saying
- MOther's share in property if grandfather has made uncle nominee
- Can I give my property in different state as surety for bail
- How can I protect the design of my website