How to challenge property transferred through gift deed by father
my father in law own property its purchase in 1980 his 3 sons 2 sons in outof the village one son last son staying in father in law but father in age is above 75 to 80 and health is not proper in 2012 last son this property gift deed to is wife without 2 brother to information 2016 april father in law is died that time gift deed information expolore so challeng and fight to case mother in died before 20 years back pls give information
Thank you for writing in,
What I understand is your father-in-law purchased a property in 1980.
He has 3 sons, out of them 2 sons live in the village and one son lived with your father-in-law.
Before the death of your father-in-law, the last son who was staying with him carries the documents of the property which is shown as a gift deed by your father-in-law to the daughter-in-law (last sons wife).
The information about the gift deed was not shared or informed to other two brothers before the death of your father-in-law which has not come to light and you wish to contest this issue.
As per the law, anyone is entitled to dispose of their assets as long as they are doing so of their own free will and have nor been coerced into it unfairly. In this case, you will have to prove that the gift deed is void and contest on the grounds of getting the gift deed done thru treachery.
You may wish to please book an appointment with me to discuss this in length and I can suggest you next course of action.
Advocate Sonia RajeshBanaswadi, Bangalore
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If a contact is signed by two people on company letterhead legal?
- In-laws asking for dowry before marriage and on refusing cancelled it
- Can a daughter claim right in mother's property
- title deed missing is it true need to understand
- Can i claim damages for car damaged due to construction work