ques how take possession of own property

about 10 years before my Brother-in-Law purchased a plot of about 200 mtrs from the two different sellers 100mtr+ 100mtrs in Delhi on the basis of Power of Attorney, and the Power of Attorney could not be Registered that time.One of the seller was my younger brother. Later on my brother-in-law given that plot to his sister ( i.e my wife) but without any documentation as a free gift to make a house on that plot. Then in 2005 I built some rooms kitchen etc on my cost for residence purpose and started living there with my parents and two younger brothers. Electric Meter is also in name of my Brother-In-Law being a legal owner of the same. Later on due to nature of my job I shifted my family ( wife and kids ) another place on a rented house. My parents and brothers continued to live there. Two year before my youngest brother and parents also shifted to another place on rent after his marriage. The other brother from whom part of the plot was purchased continued to live there with his family. Now my brother who is living there do not want to go anywhere, saying that the plot / house is in his possession so he does not want to leave it. Kindly advise how we can proceed to take possession of the same? Legally what are the options for My Brother-In-Law or what option are left for me.

  • ansYou have to give a notice to your brother for eviction and thereafter you have to file suit for eviction through your brother-in-law

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My Grandparents have died long back in 1990. our Family have ancestral property of 10…

There is a property on my grand father. My grand father has two son. One…
Hindu religion - I am looking to purchase a 1 BHK ready to move in…
We are four brothers and three sisters and I am the oldest son. my father…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly