×

quesHow many years of link documents are needed to sell a property?

I purchased a property in Hyderabad. Mine is the fifth transaction. I have all the previous link documents except the first one (first allottee). Will i face any problem in selling the property in future? How many years of link documents are needed to sell the property? Please let me know. Will the Certified Copy of the missing document works to sell the property? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

• ansHi
    Generally all original link documents for last 30 years are required.
    However assuming the first transaction had happened somewhere prior to year 1980, then you may not insist on original and can go ahead with certified copy.
    If the first transaction had happened after 1980, then better to insist on the original and not rely on the certified copy.
    Changing multiple hands is not a criteria here. The year of transaction for which the original is missing is the only consideration and it all depends on your risk taking ability.
    If you are investing your hard earned money, then better ask for all original documents for last 30 years.
    Hope this helps

Advocate Rajagopalan

• ansSir,
    In the instance,We required to verify 30 years link documents.

In absence of original documents,can be used registerar certified documents for registration purpose.
    Krishna Murthy Pasupula
    Advocate

Advocate Krishna Murthy Pasupula

Hasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad