quesHow many years of link documents are needed to sell a property?

I purchased a property in Hyderabad. Mine is the fifth transaction. I have all the previous link documents except the first one (first allottee). Will i face any problem in selling the property in future? How many years of link documents are needed to sell the property? Please let me know. Will the Certified Copy of the missing document works to sell the property? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

  • ansHi
    Generally all original link documents for last 30 years are required.
    However assuming the first transaction had happened somewhere prior to year 1980, then you may not insist on original and can go ahead with certified copy.
    If the first transaction had happened after 1980, then better to insist on the original and not rely on the certified copy.
    Changing multiple hands is not a criteria here. The year of transaction for which the original is missing is the only consideration and it all depends on your risk taking ability.
    If you are investing your hard earned money, then better ask for all original documents for last 30 years.
    Hope this helps

    Advocate Rajagopalan

      Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

  • ansSir,
    In the instance,We required to verify 30 years link documents.

    In absence of original documents,can be used registerar certified documents for registration purpose.
    Krishna Murthy Pasupula

    Advocate Krishna Murthy Pasupula

      Hasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

We have a land in Pune where we are planning to construct our house. We…
My father wants to transfer the flat in my name while he is alive The…

My in laws expired and my brother-in- law is living with his wife and daughter…

my neighbor has made his wall compound on my property. and am getting any help…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly