How many years of link documents are needed to sell a property?
I purchased a property in Hyderabad. Mine is the fifth transaction. I have all the previous link documents except the first one (first allottee). Will i face any problem in selling the property in future? How many years of link documents are needed to sell the property? Please let me know. Will the Certified Copy of the missing document works to sell the property? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
Generally all original link documents for last 30 years are required.
However assuming the first transaction had happened somewhere prior to year 1980, then you may not insist on original and can go ahead with certified copy.
If the first transaction had happened after 1980, then better to insist on the original and not rely on the certified copy.
Changing multiple hands is not a criteria here. The year of transaction for which the original is missing is the only consideration and it all depends on your risk taking ability.
If you are investing your hard earned money, then better ask for all original documents for last 30 years.
Hope this helps
Advocate RajagopalanBanjara Hills, Hyderabad
In the instance,We required to verify 30 years link documents.
In absence of original documents,can be used registerar certified documents for registration purpose.
Krishna Murthy Pasupula
Advocate Krishna Murthy PasupulaHasmathpet Bowenpally, Hyderabad
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother doing construction on ancestral property without my consent?
- Can I file defamation case against employees who file civil case
- Brother died and another brother alive no share given by children
- How to claim custody of 4 year old boy child ?
- Wife threatens to commit suicide if my parents visit our house