quesHow can we sell grandparents property

My grandparents(mother's mom&dad) had 4 children(2 boys & 2 Girsl).my grandparents had passed away some 60yrs ago.my 2 maternal uncles were not married. One of them had adopted a boy but didnt process it legally.Now, both uncles have passed away.My grandfather has a property.Now, both sisters want to sell this property but not sure how to proceed further as the property was not trsfd to any children.We have legal heir/family certificate issued in 2009 on 2 sisters names.Is it mandatory to have the property trnsfd to our names & then sell it or as we are are legal heir,canwe sell it of directly

• ansHi
    Since your mother and her sister are the legal heirs they can sell the property directly. however brokers might state flimsy reasons to reduce the price of property.
    So better to get the property mutuated in your mother and her sister's name by executing a registered settlement deed and then sell the property .

Advocate Rajagopalan

• ansHI,
    transfer is not mandatory in case of sale of property. your legal heir/ family member certificate is sufficient to sell the property.
    but all the legal heirs/family members of your grand father has to register the property at the time of registration.
    you can sell the property directly.

Advocate Sree K Sivakumar

Chikadpally, Hyderabad