How can we change a Witness in an already executed gift deed
I had a property in my name and gave it to my mother via a gift deed. Now I had some issue with one of the 2 witnesses on the gift deed and he says that remove my name from the witness and get some other witness. What is the procedure to change witness and cost for the same? I had earlier spend around 50-60k for the gift deed.
As you are the maker of the gift deed you have the option of cancelling the gift deed with the consent of the donee, which in your case is your mother.
And make a fresh gift deed.
And to avoid future clashes with the witnesses, we would like to suggest you that it is better to register a gift deed as by the process of registering the gift deed the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) becomes the witness of the deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Mother gifted property to brother. Can i ask for my share?
- Can father transfer property to my brother without my permission
- Can I get alimony if I am educated but not earning
- Procedure to take mutual consent divorce without paying compensation
- Land Dispute, Summons issued. Can brother sell share without consent?