How can my brother transfer ownership to my wife?
Me and my brother jointly owns a flat in dheradun, we have taken the loan from ICICI and the loan is also on joint name. Now my brother wants to take his seperate house so I want to remove his name from flat ownership and loan and want to add my wives name on it. could you please advise is it possible to transfer ownership and loan liability, if yes what is the procedure.
Your brother may transfer his undivided half ownership by executing relinquishment deed or gift deed or sale deed in favour of your wife and the document should be properly stamped and registered.
Thereafter she may apply to the bank for transfer of loan account in her name to the extent of undivided half share in place of your brother.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can I claim for expenses for attending court proceedings property case
- Getting no relief from court in case of 498 A What can I do
- What is the procedure to evict tenant?
- Bought product from a company and paid money. No delivery. What to do?
- 3rd person trying to grab my land. What legal remedy do i have?