quesHow can my brother transfer ownership to my wife?

Me and my brother jointly owns a flat in dheradun, we have taken the loan from ICICI and the loan is also on joint name. Now my brother wants to take his seperate house so I want to remove his name from flat ownership and loan and want to add my wives name on it. could you please advise is it possible to transfer ownership and loan liability, if yes what is the procedure.

  • ansYour brother may transfer his undivided half ownership by executing relinquishment deed or gift deed or sale deed in favour of your wife and the document should be properly stamped and registered.

    Thereafter she may apply to the bank for transfer of loan account in her name to the extent of undivided half share in place of your brother.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am buying a resale home. If I gave the seller token amount within how…

Sir , My grandfather's property was distributed equally to his 4 sons in 1975 through…

I have booked a flat in Delhi. The builder provided me with all the necessary…

Can a younger brother claim share in elder brother's property if property is bought by…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly