How can I avoid my husband from taking my property? He is not earning.
I am going through a lot of mental trauma due to my husband. He does not hurt me physically but besides this, whatever I have earned I spent on buying my house and developing my work place. He hasn't earned a penny in the past 3 years and now he is trying to pull my assets to his side as he has a name in my property.
Although I am going through severe mental trauma, I am afraid to take an action as I think I might lose everything that I have earned. Is there a way out?
You can file for a Divorce from your husband as during Divorce the assets get distributed among the wife and the husband depending upon ownership.
However, if you can prove that you were the one who had contributed the entire amount in acquiring those assets, then you can get ownership over those assets through Court orders.
As a woman you are also entitled to stridhan as well as all the other assets in which you have made contributions.
This Divorce petition can be filed on the grounds of cruelty.
If you do not wish to take a Divorce, then you can also go for judicial separation and seek a court order with respect to the distribution of assets.
You are entitled to maintenance and residence from your husband.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle registered family property under aunt's name without consent
- How can I claim child custody
- Neighbor wrongfully occupying our parking space - how can i object
- Harrasment /Sexual abuse by collegue and his family
- Harassment by packers & movers company what action can we take