How can child ask for share in ex husband's property? What procedure?
I got mutually seperated in 2009. I claimed maintainence for my child who is ten years, and am only getting his education cost. I want to know whether he has a right on my ex husband's property?
If yes, what is the procedure for the same and when does he get his share?
Yes, your child has the right to claim his share in the ancestral property of your husband. This may be done by filing a suit for Declaration, Partition and Possession. Your son will get his share once the Decree for the same is awarded. This is irrespective of the age attained by your Son at the time of the Decree.
However the true position can only be confirmed only after examining the Divorce decree and the orders made there under with reference to the maintenance of child as we need to understand what all maintenance was seeked in your petition and what all was awarded.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Snapdeal my account and not processing refund what action to take
- If the mother die while giving birth who gets the custody?
- Can i stop my wife from getting divorce case transferred to her state
- Transfer of property & preparing will for joint property with husband
- Didn't use service but company sent legal notice u/s 415E, 417 & 420