quesHow can child ask for share in ex husband's property? What procedure?

I got mutually seperated in 2009. I claimed maintainence for my child who is ten years, and am only getting his education cost. I want to know whether he has a right on my ex husband's property?


If yes, what is the procedure for the same and when does he get his share?


  • ans

    Yes, your child has the right to claim his share in the ancestral property of your husband. This may be done by filing a suit for Declaration, Partition and Possession. Your son will get his share once the Decree for the same is awarded. This is irrespective of the age attained by your Son at the time of the Decree.


    However the true position can only be confirmed only after examining the Divorce decree and the orders made there under with reference to the maintenance of child as we need to understand what all maintenance was seeked in your petition and what all was awarded.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father wants to transfer his house on my name. We are 2 brothers and…
The wall of the flat faces the main road where there are two bus stops.…
We purchased resale plot in grampanchayat area year 2002 from unauthorized agent who is our…

My brother is a Bank employee in SBI, we want to purchase a land to…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly