House registry papers misplaced. From where to get it?
My father has misplaced the house registry papers. Is there any way to recover the same from some authority?
Should I also make a police complaint regarding the same.
Report to the police that you misplaced the deed.
Along with that police report, visit your area registrar’s office. You will have to apply for certified copies of the deed.
On payment of certain amount they will issue another copy of the deed. While making an application for obtaining the true certified copy, make a mention of the misplaced deed and you may attach the photo copy of the misplaced deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Information about property title and area.
- Clarification between property mutation and registry
- Gave token money for booking want to cancel it can I get my money back
- Done Registry now pradhan is asking for money otherwise will acquire
- land and property complications due to lack of clarity in Will