quesHouse registry papers misplaced. From where to get it?

My father has misplaced the house registry papers. Is there any way to recover the same from some authority?

Should I also make a police complaint regarding the same.

  • ans

    Report to the police that you misplaced the deed.

    Along with that police report, visit your area registrar’s office. You will have to apply for certified copies of the deed.

    On payment of certain amount they will issue another copy of the deed. While making an application for obtaining the true certified copy, make a mention of the misplaced deed and you may attach the photo copy of the misplaced deed.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I sold out my property. And my property papers are with the bank. Buyer is…

Sir husband dwara apni ek bissa land apne second wife ko hibba kar di gae…

My friend bought a plot of land in 2004 and the same was duly registered…

Hi. We are planning to buy a 2 bhk in Pragathi Nagar however all the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ekta Mehta

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly