House on rent
I live in a rented house since my birth on (28/10/1977) and my father take rent this house since 1974, till date the rented bill is issue in favors of my father. Now I with my family (wife and two sons) leave in that house and my father leave in another place. Last 2 years ago our landlord was expired, now his wife taken rent from us. But they have a son and daughter also. But his son and daughter are told verbally that they have no objection against there mother. Now my question in is it possible to quit me in that house in any ground or any harassment against me. Our landlords have few more property which are in also is in rent.
As per facts stated by you, your father is a tenant of rented flat and he is no longer staying in the stated flat. Your father can request the landlord to transfer the rent receipt in your name. In the event your father is not agreeable to transfer rent receipt in your name your landlord can file eviction suit against you.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want divorce but Don't want wife to make false charges
- Signed employment agreement on a plain paper is it valid agreement?
- Brought property in my name can my brothers claim the property?
- Is Indian Contract Act applicable when the subjectmatter is subjudice?
- Regarding customs penalty and attachment of properties