Hindu Succession Act 2005
My father and mother purchased two adjoining plots in name of my elder siblings in 1982. Both were minor and not earning at that time to build a family house in which my elder brothers family and my parents and myself lived for 25 years my father died last year .now i want to claim my share in property as one of the elder sibling is refusing to give any share . it is of course case of benami transaction in the names of minors but they were holding it for benefit of entire family what are legal documents i need give to court to prove that i should also get share in property?
Since it was purchased in the banam of your siblings you cannot claim your share in it. However you can continue to stay in the said property and in the event your sibling file any suit for eviction against you, you can take the defense of adverse possession.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Immigration agent not refund my advance amount
- Builder not abiding by the contract terms, What action can i take?
- Husband wants divorce because girl had relationship before marriage
- A document with self attestation is valid for sale
- Qualifying legal heirs in christian Law