grandson's right in grandfathers property
My grandfather has 2 sons and 3 daughter. Now out of which his younger son expired in 2007 in a car accident and i am the only son of his younger son and I am the only son in the family also. The elder son of my grandfather is still alive and he has 3 daughters. I am the only grandson for him, rest all are daughters. Can I put legal case on my grandfather for my right in the property?
If the property you are talking about is your grand father's self acquired property then he has absolute right and freedom to bequeath the property to any body and/or including his legal heirs and if your grand father dies without writing a WILL then all legal heirs would have a share in the property.
So only if the property is ancestral, then you can fight for your share and file a case in the court for attaining your share in the property.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father sold house but did not transfer the ownership
- Staying separate for past 4 years husband don't want to divorce
- Daughters right in father's property after marriage
- Sister in law filed false case of dowry and cruelty against family
- RTI file but no response till date. What should i do now?