Grandfather's property right to Grandson/son
Grandpa has 4 daughters n one son.I am the grandson(Son's son) My grandfather has an house and agricultural land which he may intend to transfer to his daughter. My grandfather has already given some land to his daughter without my dad's n my consent. Can my grandfather transfer his property to his daughter without my father or my consent? This is self earned property of my grandfather.
If the house and agricultural land is an self acquired property, then your grandfather can transfer the property to whoever he desires.
However if the property is ancestral property then, as per the Hindu Succession Act he cannot transfer the property without your consent and your father's consent.
If the property is ancestral property, we suggest you to file a suit for partition thereby demanding your share and your father share in property.
In addition to the partition suit you can also file an application for temporary injunction on property that is the grandfather cannot sell the property till the disposal of suit.
Click here to find the best Property lawyer in your city.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does grandson have share in grandfathers self made property?
- Condonation of delay in filing W.S.
- After ex party divorce decision can i marry after 90 days
- Bail rejected by sessions court what should be our next step
- Child Custody Rights of a father before divorce