Grandfather want to divide property equally after making a Will for me
My grandfather has self made property. He has 4 daughter and 1 son(my father) who died and i am the grandson. He made a Will in which he stated that after his death all his property will come to me. Now his mental state is deteriorating and now he is saying he will divide all property equally among everyone. What can i do in such a situation? All my bua's are married and well settled
The Will becomes operative only after the death of the person. If your grandfather is alive then he can change the Will at anytime and you cannot do anything during his lifetime.
After his lifetime, you can challenge the Will on the ground that he was medically not in a fit when he wrote second Will.
Further, you can also place the first Will before the court which was written when he was medically fit.
Sir, yours appears to be a difficult situation as your grandfather is entitled to deal with his self made property as he pleases during his lifetime. Any documents executed by him will be valid unless cogently proved that he was of unsound mind at the time of execution of the documents or the property already stands transferred to you before the execution of any document in favour of your aunts
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Terms of ownership on 100% contribution as old tenant
- 420 on an online marriage site
- Want to marry US citizen under what laws our marriage is governed
- Tenant 35 years old how can I increase the rent
- My boyfriend's girlfriend is calling me and abusing me. What to do?