quesGrandfather want to divide property equally after making a Will for me

My grandfather has self made property. He has 4 daughter and 1 son(my father) who died and i am the grandson. He made a Will in which he stated that after his death all his property will come to me. Now his mental state is deteriorating and now he is saying he will divide all property equally among everyone. What can i do in such a situation? All my bua's are married and well settled

The Will becomes operative only after the death of the person. If your grandfather is alive then he can change the Will at anytime and you cannot do anything during his lifetime.

After his lifetime, you can challenge the Will on the ground that he was medically not in a fit  when he wrote second Will.

Further, you can also place the first Will before the court which was written when he was medically fit.

• ansSir, yours appears to be a difficult situation as your grandfather is entitled to deal with his self made property as he pleases during his lifetime. Any documents executed by him will be valid unless cogently proved that he was of unsound mind at the time of execution of the documents or the property already stands transferred to you before the execution of any document in favour of your aunts

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi