quesGrandfather forcing father to sell property

My grandfather has purchased 1 room in a slum via pagri system. In 2005 he made a gift deed for my father saying now no other siblings will be a part of it. Now since 2005 my father is the owner of this property & all rent receipts, electricity bills are in my father's name. Now suddenly in 2015 my grandfather is asking my father to sell this property & make 3 parts. 1 for grandfather & other to for my uncle & father. We don't want to sell this. please advice.

  • ansWas the gift deed duly stamped and registered ? if it is stamped and registered and possession has been given to your father, your grand father is no longer owner of the room and your father is not bound to comply with his demands.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

my brother had suffered an accident and since then he is in coma. it has…
Father died intestate we the 9 children have equal shares in the ancestral property. During…
My father and his brother bought a land in Patna..40yrs back..My father lived here and…
Hi, My Father have purchased land in 1946. He has died in 1995. Now me…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly