grandfather died w/o will- dispute on share of property
My grandfather died 2 years ago without a will.The legal claimants of his property are my grandmother, her 3 sons(including my father) and two daughters. My father,grandmother and 1 uncles and the 2 aunts had decided to sell off the property but one uncle does not want to sell it. As the property is undivided we need to sell it for getting our share. So,can we claim the partition of property so that each heir can use his share in his own way. The property consist of a house and some land behind it. Since, the property is small but valuable(2 crores).How can it be divided ?
Since there is no consensus among all the share holders towards selling the property all the share holders desirous of selling the property may file a suit for partition to call out their respective shares in the property.
Once the property is divided in this manner it can be sold by them.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to know in which category I fall creamy or non creamy layer
- Can i claim the property in the name of my mother from my uncle?
- Husband not taking care of child and me how can i claim maintenance
- Can be claim land if we are staying there for more then 15 years
- Ownership of land as a cause of family dispute