quesGrandfather bought property and gave it son by Will. Grandson's share?

My cousin brother has dispute with his parents. His grandfather bought some property. His father got the property from the grandfather through Will. Does he have any share in the property?

  • ansAs per the information provided it seems that the property is the self acquired property of the grandfather and the same was bequeathed by him to his son by way of Will. Therefore, the property cannot be said to be an ancestral property. As such in view of the codified Hindu Laws and other property laws, the grandson has no right in the said property during the life time of the beneficiary of the said Will (father) .

    Advocate Sanjay Kumar Tyagi

      Vaishali, Ghaziabad

  • ansAny property bought with own money can be bequethed to anyone even to a stranger.
    Your friend have no right in it. However, the genuineness of will can be challanged in court by saying that it is a forged bill.

    Advocate Rajat Bindal

      District Court, Bareilly, Bareilly

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have seen a B Khata apartment is 4th floor, floor plan not available, it…
I was about to purchase a property in Noida and did Agreement to sell with…

There is an ancestral property which was purchased by my grandfather around 42 years back.…

We got married in 2005 and my inlaws accepted me after 6 years. However, my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly