quesGot a floor by Will. How can i sell it now or registry is required?

I want to know that if One Floor flat is registered in Legal Will on my name then I can sell that floor in future without registry ? Or I need to take registry of that flat on my name before selling to third party ? What is the charges or fees for making any Property WILL ? Flat is 50 sq yd. Please reply asap. Thanks

• ansIncase the property was given to you  by way of Will then , it is to be clarified that Will comes into existences only after death of the person.

If the person who made the Will has expired, then the Will will come into existence. Now, if you to get absolute right, title and ownership in your favour on the above properties and to avoid legal problem in future it is always better to apply for a probate of a Will and hence you should file probate petition.

Through the probate order you will be get the title ownership of the property.

Further, the cost of preparing Will depends on advocate to advocate.

• ansHi, in order to get the benefit of the will, probate proceedings have to be filed in Court. In case the property is in Delhi, then for the purpose of using the same, probate is not required but in case of sale, the property can only be transferred after probate is done. During probate proceedings, all formalities of stamp duty and transfer of property in whose name the will is executed can be performed and re property can be sold after the said procedure is complete.

Advocate Kanika Bhutani

Punjabi Bagh (West), Delhi

• ansIncase the property was given to you by way of Will then , it is to be clarified that Will comes into existences only after death of the person. If the person who made the Will has expired, then the WILL will come into existence. Now, if you to get absolute right, title and ownership in your favour on the above properties and to avoid legal problem in future it is always better to apply for a probate of a will and hence you should file probate petition. Through the probate order you will be get the title ownership of the property.