Fraudulent transfer of property
My parents passed away without valid Wills. We are four siblings - three brothers and one sister (myself). All are married. My elder brother's wife got one of the landed properties of the parents transferred to her name without the consent of the three Class 1 heirs. She misrepresented facts and produced an alleged WILL to the Municipal authorities and got the transfer of property by such dubious means. What is the remedy for the three heirs in this case?
You can file an FIR in the nearest police station and approach the deputy registrar with the notice stating the facts that your property has been illegally transferred. Misrepresentation of facts and cheating is punishable under Sec. 420 of IPC.
You have not mentioned whether the will is forged or not?
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Signature on stamp paper IPC 406 Is a sulahnama governed as Contract
- Inlaws harassing trying to prove me mentally disable
- Client not paying money as per agreement
- Leaving the job after 3 months without notice period is it legal
- Paid money for job but did not get job how can I recover money