quesFlat association related problem. How to get RWA information?

Respected Sir, I own a flat and due to various reason I had few difference of opinion with flat association's president and other office bearers from then they stopped including me in flat related activities and also stop informing me regarding the happenings. They also stopped me showing monthly balance in association bank account,also didn't inform me the change in office bearers.My query is how legally I stand to get the information.

• ansYou being the member of the association is entitled to be informed regarding the flat related activities. Bank Account details should be shared among the members. Meetings has to be notified in the notice board. Move the court for getting relief.

Advocate Nanchill Rajkumar

Velachery, Chennai

• ansIs your flat owners' association a registered body?
    Are you a member of the association?
    Does the election of office bearers take place democratically?
    What is the reason that the office bearers do not share the events of the association?
    If you are a member of the association and have paid the maintenance and corpus funds duly and properly, you have all the rights to verify the accounts of the association from the books of accounts maintained by the association. The bye law of the association is very clear about it you may go through it, if the office bearers refuse to allow you to inspect the book of accounts, you may issue a legal notice demanding the same after which you can take up the matter with the registrar of cooperative societies under which the association has been registered giving details of the irregularities and mismanagement of the office bearers of the association. You will certainly get relief and you may even get a chance to become one of the office bearer in the next tenure.