Father's transfer of property to elder not returning
Small Query If Mr. A has bought a property with the family income of daughters and sons, then transferred the property in the first son's name for acquiring loan for development of the house and then the son never returned the property documents, now both Mr A and his son on whose name the property was transferred are expired.
Can other children's of Mr A claim for the property? Additional information Mr. A's wife is still alive and Mr A has 2 sons and 7 daughters.
If all the children pooled together in the purchase of the property then the transfer of the property in the name of one son alone is in itself illegal unless expressly authorized by all the contributors. However, whether or not the other children can now stake a claim to the property depends on a number of facts such as when the transfer was made, by which instrument it was made, etc.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Paralytic condition of father handover to brother
- Can joint owner claim share if ownership not transferred ?
- Neighbours fixed exhaust fan facing my main door What can I do
- Top floor owner not allowing to install water tank in DDA flat
- Demand for marriage out of extra-marital affairs