Father's property after his death.
My father has left behind his 2-bedroom flat with no will. We are two sisters, one brother, and my mother. Kindly advise who is the legal heir to the property and how do we convert it into my mother's name so that she can make a will.
You and all your siblings along with your mother being surviving legal heirs of your father have and equal share in his movable and immovable property which has not been dealt with by him by making a will. If you intend to release the share to your mother then you may make a release deed and get it registered in the office of the registrar. Thereafter, mutation can be carried out to complete the process.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bank threatening to inform my employer for loan default what to do.
- Disposal of disputed property after decision of court in my favour
- What is the procedure of getting succession certificate
- Conversation with ex-gf wife files divorce
- Neighbor creating problem while construction what action can be taken