Father transferred ancestral property share to step bro. How to claim?
My father owns an ancestral property and alive .my father had two marriages .I am only son from first marriage .my father and step mother have 4 children (1son,3sisters) from second marriage. my father has transferred half of the property to my step brother ignoring me.my father had also registered this half property .can I challenge it ? I would like to know that how much share is mine in this property. can I get any share in the property that my father had transferred to my step bro .
You can challenge the transfer as its your ancestral property and your father can only transfer his portion of sale. The pre-requisite condition required for a property to be Ancestral property is that it should be owned by the great grand father followed by the grand father, father & present generation all in this linear arrangement, living & enjoying the property.
The property should not have ever partitioned & share in it distributed to any of the Hindu Coparceners as in any linear generation as mentioned above, in other words, it should be intact single property which is being used jointly by all members of the Hindu Joint family.
Therefore, all property inherited by a male Hindu from his father, father's father, or father's father's father, is an ancestral property. The feature of inheritance of ancestral property according to the Mitakshara law under Hindu Succession Act is that man inherits from any of his three immediate paternal ancestors, namely, his father, father's father and father's father's father is ancestral property as regards his male issue, and his son acquires jointly with him an interest in it by birth. Their rights attach to it at the moment of their birth.
Therefore, you have a share a file a suit for partition thereby seeking share in the property, also seeking cancellation of document. In addition to this file an application for temporary injunction thereby seeking stay on the property which implies no one can sell or make modification in property
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Commercial Building's Illegal possession
- After resignation bank asking for notice period. Nothing in contract.
- Division of portion in ancestral property.
- Foreign student in university overstayed visit in India course pending
- Wife filed False case against my family what action can I take