Father missing for 9 years. Can we sell his property?
My father, without our knowledge, made a sale deed with a financer for Rs. 10 lakhs ( now property worth around 1 crores) and he fled since then and there are no whereabouts of him. After few years, we got our original property documents back. Now my mother wants to sell the property to pay off his debts. May I know how she can sell in my father's absence since it's been 9 years already. Is my mother eligible to sell? What's the legal solution?
Have you filed a missing complaint with local police police station?
As per the Section 108 of the Indian Evidence Act, a person is presumed to be dead if he is not heard (of being) alive for more than 7 years. You can file declaration suit for his death. The supportive documents will be FIR Copy, affidavit of the plaintiff.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Dowry harassment case against in laws husband defaming me
- Developer asking bribe for registration what should I do
- Married due to family pressure and now seperated
- Don't want to pay maintenance to wife what is the procedure
- Builder cheated by selling the same flat to someone without NOC