quesFather missing for 9 years. Can we sell his property?

My father, without our knowledge, made a sale deed with a financer for Rs. 10 lakhs ( now property worth around 1 crores) and he fled since then and there are no whereabouts of him. After few years, we got our original property documents back. Now my mother wants to sell the property to pay off his debts. May I know how she can sell in my father's absence since it's been 9 years already. Is my mother eligible to sell? What's the legal solution?

  • ansHave you filed a missing complaint with local police police station?

    As per the Section 108 of the Indian Evidence Act, a person is presumed to be dead if he is not heard (of being) alive for more than 7 years. You can file declaration suit for his death. The supportive documents will be FIR Copy, affidavit of the plaintiff.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we have a flat in my father name joined with my mummy in mumbai. 'my…

My parents have3.4 acres of land and 2 plots of 20 decimal and 10 Decimal…
Is it advisable to buy a petrol pump which is situated on a leased land
 my mothers father have self acquired farm and my grandfather have two wife ,first wife…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly