Father might sell his property due to issues with wife. What can i do?
My father, mother and sister have issues with my wife they keep fighting with each other. Recently my wife filed a complaint with the police due to which my father was taken by the police for statements. Thereafter father is threatening to remove me from property and i have doubt he might sell the property. It is his self made property. Is there anything i can do to safeguard my interest?
The property being self acquired may be dealt with by your father in any manner he deems fit. Unfortunately therefore, what that means is that he has the right to remove you from the property as well as sell it to anyone he pleases. The best way forward is to maintain cordial relations with him so that he does not deny you a share in the property.
In case, the property is a self made property of your father, he is free to dispose it of as per his own discretion. In Case of the property being ancestral, u have a right in the property and have a share therein.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
The property being self acquired may be dealt with by your father in any manner he deems fit. Unfortunately therefore, what that means is that he has the right to remove you from the property as well as sell it to anyone he pleases. The best way forward is to maintain cordial relations with him so that he does not deny you a share in the property
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
You yourself have states that your father have purchased it with his own income ,hence he can sell the same without asking you ,you can only convince him not to sell or buy yourself the property .
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
In case of self acquired property your father has right to give the property to whoever he desires, so legally you cannot ask your father share in his property.
Advocate Sudershani RayKailash Hills, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No reply for application for job on compassionate ground
- Legal rights of a second wife wedded legally.
- Girlfriend filed false sexual harassment case what are my rights?
- Registered settlement to be cancelled by executors
- Sister in laws provoking my husband against me what can I do