Family right to property gifted by grandmother to father?
My grandmother gifted her self willed property to my father who is 70 years. Now he is threatening to give away the property to outsiders. What rights does his wife(my mother), son(my bro) or his grand son(my nephew) have to keep the property within the family?
If your grandfather has gifted the property to your father by virtue of Gift Deed ( Gift deed should be registered) then, your father becomes the owner of the said property and acquires the title by virtue of gift deed.
Therefore he cannot transfer the property unless the gift deed is challenged.
Further it is very difficult to challenge the gift deed in the court, so until he challenges the Gift deed, he has no right to give the property to anyone.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Worked for government but still don't paid what action can I take?
- Section 420 and 120B bailable offence or not
- Any law which support a girl to leave her house and family member
- If husband wife both mutually agree for divorce
- If I have not committed any crime, will it affect my govt. job?