quesFamily Property Distpute

My mother has 5 brothers and 1 sister. Her father has died and left property(land) Her father had also 2 brother. So property was divided in to two parts. One share was of her father and one was for her uncle.Her uncle had no sons and no daughters. Her uncle also died .My maternal uncle took thumb impression of the wife of my mother's uncle on a will at the time of her death. .The will gave property to my maternal uncle's sons and daughters .In Will my mother and other sisters were excluded. My maternal uncles have refused to give share to my mother and other sisters in ancestral property. My maternal uncle are selling the property both of their father and their uncle and building big houses, purchasing costly cars but their sisters are poor. Can we claim on property of my maternal grandfather and on the will which excluded sisters? And what about the property that has been already sold by my mother's brothers.

  • ansYou can certainly challenge the WILL that was fraudulently obtained by your maternal uncle.

    Once the will is challenged you also need to move the court to get the property partitioned properly.

    You can also file a petition along with the above obtaining a restraining order or a stay preventing the uncle/s from alienating or creating any third party rights.

    Of the properties that have been already sold too you can move the court to be adequately compensated to accommodate the extent of the value of your share.

    Your mom should be the petitioner in all the applications.

    Engage a lawyer locally who can assist you.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am searching for a plot/flat in Delhi. Builders/Owner in so called Lal Dora assures…

my father has 2 wifes am the 1st wife son i have 2 younger sisters,2nd…

I am third-party who did banakhat of property from borrower, borrower has loan pending against…
This is a case of inheritance, property is in delhi. The property is in the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly