quesFalse electricity connection.

I'd like you all to advise me on how to deal with the undermentioned situation. One of my acquaintance is a tenant and has applied for a new connection to WBSEDCL on 10/12/13, On 13/12/13 the connection was granted. After a dispute with the landlord on 27/2/14, a police case was filed by the tenant against forcible eviction. The landlord through his influence got their electricity disconnected On 21/3/14. The deptt. did not send any notice or any documents to substantiate the disconnection.

On the same day they sent a letter to the Divisional Manager WBSEDCL asking to restore the connection and enquired for the reason for such an unlawful disconnection. The Div. Manager is yet to reply, paying no heed to their appeal. The tenant with their children and her ailing mother are leaving in the dark for the past two months.

  • ansWSEDCL has taken illegal step in disconnecting your electricity without giving any notice and without citing any reason. File a Writ Petition immediately before the High Court praying for immediate restoration of electricity which has been illegally disconnected.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have booked a unit in Jaypee Aman 3 project. Its been 3 years and…

I have a house in my grandmothers name, but my uncle somehow managed to transfer…

My father died in 1991. After that my brothers unwillingly divided the property amongst themselves…

Hello Sir, My father wrote a will few years back for the properties he own…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly