I received a notice from legal advisor and solicitors on behalf of their client who is also their relative demanding Rs 11 lac for services offered by their client to our company for past 5 years. They haven't sent any proof of documents or agreement in notice. They have asked us to pay the amount based on 10% of the total sales turnover of the company for past 5 years. There is no contract or agreement signed between us and the client even though the client has worked in our company and cash has been paid to her for which we have no proof. They have threatened us with criminal case. Please advise how to respond to the notice.
contact a local lawyer and reply to legal notice deny that sum of rs 11 lakhs is payable as demanded mention that no such agreement was ever signed wherein 10%of sales turnover was to be allegedlly paid in the event any civil /criminal case is filed contest it on merits
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the divorce process without informing our families
- My family is falsely accused by my relatives and brother is in jail
- Doing a small scale Aquarium fish business from home is punishable
- Salary is not paid by the employer since one year
- difference between Annulment and Divorce?