Extra interest charged by a finance company.
I had a loan from DHFL. They are charging interest fraudulently before the disbursement cheque getting banked. say for example, when you submit your file say on 1st jan 14 and finally disburse the loan on 25th Jan 14, (date when the money actually gets credited to builder account) they will charge for the interest from 1st on wards citing that they had processed the case on 1st itself when we applied.
Also when I closed the loan, they have charged me interest for the entire month of January when I had handed over the draft from other bank on 11th Jan 14 citing company policy. Are they justified in open looting of their clients and does this not constitute fraud and cheating on their part with the clients? What is the legal remedy available to me?
You have following options -
File a case in consumer court; or,
File a criminal complaint for cheating and extortion.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Claimed insurance for the stolen car but found it after few months
- My brother has no child who will get share in his property after death
- What action can be taken if son beats mother for money
- How to transfer property to the buyer through sale deed or GPA
- Delayed commercial project and builder offering different project