Exclusive Rights of Flat owner on Common balcony
I purchased a flat having 1200 sq.ft out of which 214 sqft. mentioned as common area including passage, balcony etc. My floor having 3 flats on which I am occupying flat having higher sq.ft. The floor is on 'L' Shape, on which I occupied corner flat ie single other two are on row. In front of my door common balcony(ie botton stretch of 'L') . Whether I can use the same for my exclusive right? If yes how much portion. Whether I Can put any grill for that portion in order to avoid people using area in front of my main door(even though it is common.).It is not a common passage.
the definition of "Common" means available for all to use, the word exclusive takes away that right of others (in your case two other on same floor) to the access of this portion, but as you mentioned that you're flat is towards the end of the floor, L shaped, and that the area available opposite to your entrance, you wish to put up some iron grill or aluminium shutter to have some privacy.
Just as long as the grill or structure put up by you is temporary, there is no problem, but a WALL becomes permanent and this can be objected to by the remaining two flat owners, including the builder.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My son took my money by fraud what can I do
- Right towards my father's & grand parents property
- Mothers death due to negligence by the doctors What action can I take
- 420 pending case what would be its effect on govt. job
- Bank telling amount of balance in my account to anyone what to do