quesEviction of tenant post the agreement

I own 2 flats in Mumbai, I reside in one and rented out the other. I have made 11 months Leave & Licence agreement with the tenant and it is notarized (not registered). Now I would like to know the following things :-

1) Validity of this notorized agreement ?

2) If the tenant continues to live in the flat after 11 months (after expiry of agreement), Can I take help from local police to get the possession of rented-out flat ?

3) what other steps should I take to get the possession of flat if the tenant refuses to vacate the flat after 11 months (after expiry of agreement)?

  • ansThe agreement is valid if it has been signed by you and the tenant and has all the ingredients of a leave and license agreement. Police cannot intervene in a dispute of this nature. If the tenant does not vacate on his own accord after 11 months in the event that the agreement is not renewed then you have to move to court for his eviction. Court will order him to leave.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Father was passed away in year 2011 and mother was passed away in 2015 and…
Kindly clarify the legal status and meaning of following observation of a decree of high…
 A piece of land was purchased by us one year back ,the property dealer told…
Me my mother and brother are running Educational Institutions in Tamilnadu, land is in name…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly