Eviction of tenant post the agreement
I own 2 flats in Mumbai, I reside in one and rented out the other. I have made 11 months Leave & Licence agreement with the tenant and it is notarized (not registered). Now I would like to know the following things :-
1) Validity of this notorized agreement ?
2) If the tenant continues to live in the flat after 11 months (after expiry of agreement), Can I take help from local police to get the possession of rented-out flat ?
3) what other steps should I take to get the possession of flat if the tenant refuses to vacate the flat after 11 months (after expiry of agreement)?
The agreement is valid if it has been signed by you and the tenant and has all the ingredients of a leave and license agreement. Police cannot intervene in a dispute of this nature. If the tenant does not vacate on his own accord after 11 months in the event that the agreement is not renewed then you have to move to court for his eviction. Court will order him to leave.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Signed a bond left job before time do I have to pay compensation
- What is the procedure for a women to file for divorce
- Husband in another country. How to bring him back for to take divorce?
- My ex-boyfriend harassing me and my mother. Please advise what to do?
- Can i annul my marriage on the bases of Force and Fraud?