Equal partition right, if possible or not?
This is regarding my mother's right in her father's family property (House). I have below questions:
1. Is she eligible to get her partition equally as her brother is eligible?
2. How much partition right a woman is having on her father's property?
3. How to proceed and with whom to contact for initiating strong step towards her right?
Presuming that it is your Grand father's self acquired property and has died intestate(without leaving a will), then the property would devolve equally among your grand mother(if she is alive), her children(both daughters & sons).
However, if your grand gather has executed a will, then the property would devolve in the way he has suggested in the WILL. Whether it is a man or a woman he or she will get equal share in the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Delaying possession of my property what can be done
- Is it mandatory for respondent to be present in the court
- Balance sheet not signed by director can I file a case against auditor
- How can i seal bank locker inoperative till divorce or settlement
- Refused promotion in 1998, am I still eligible?