Equal partition right, if possible or not?
This is regarding my mother's right in her father's family property (House). I have below questions:
1. Is she eligible to get her partition equally as her brother is eligible?
2. How much partition right a woman is having on her father's property?
3. How to proceed and with whom to contact for initiating strong step towards her right?
Presuming that it is your Grand father's self acquired property and has died intestate(without leaving a will), then the property would devolve equally among your grand mother(if she is alive), her children(both daughters & sons).
However, if your grand gather has executed a will, then the property would devolve in the way he has suggested in the WILL. Whether it is a man or a woman he or she will get equal share in the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Gave cheque bounce notice in how many days can I file a case
- Tenant not ready to leave the house what action can I take?
- Can I use brand logo to show offers on my application
- Broker company executed trades without my consent loss of huge amount
- I dont want divorce but my wife wants it how can i save my marriage?