Entered into sale agreement. Buyer did not come after paying advance.
I entered into a Sale Agreement on a plain paper to sell my factory premises and got some advance, and a date to transfer the property. The buyer did not turn up on the said date and it has been 3 months now.
How to get out of it and forfeit the deal now?
Expert Legal Advice:
Since you had entered into an agreement to sell and had set a future date for execution of proper sale documents / sale deed and had recieved only an advance / earnest money / bayana, you can get a Legal Notice issued to the purchaser that since he has failed to pay the balance sale consideration, you can grant him some more time to pay the sale amount failing which, the amount of advance payment made by him shall stand forfeited.
Also, we would like to see the agreement, to ascertain if there is an arbitration clause therein or not.
As an alternate option, you may also ask the other party for specific enforcment of the agreement to sell and demand the balance payment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- can i apply for compensation appointment after a year of father death
- Wife sexually harassed by her father what action can we take now
- Cheque given to supplier who is blackmailing now
- Can shares be transferred from father in law to daughter in law
- Terminated within probation period without department enquiry