Encumbrance Certificate for bulding under construction
I am going to purchase an apartment in a building which is still under construction. Most of the construction is over.The builder has promised me that he will complete the work and hand over the apartment within the next 3 months. He has given the EC which is up to date for the whole building and the land.
If it is necessary to get the EC before registration for the apartment which i am going to purchase, how can I get it when it is not recorded in the sub registrar office?
Encumbrance certificate is the certificate issued by the Registrar pertaining to a particular piece of land about the transaction made during the period you apply for. The sale, mortgage, settlement, Will, Gift or other deeds etc and the parties executed and beneficiaries, date of transaction, amount etc will be there for that period.
Since builder has given you the EC, you can after obtaining opinion from your lawyer to purchase the property. Obtain a certificate from your lawyer that title is clear and marketable.
You can also visit the concerned register office and file an application with a small fee. They will provide with up to date of the property details.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Snapdeal took money from account but did not take order
- Case finalized but wife still torturing what can i do
- Harassed by relative who filed false case against me. What to do?
- Can i claim interest for delay in gratuity
- Need advice on our startup which relates to healthcare