quesEncumbrance Certificate for bulding under construction

I am going to purchase an apartment in a building which is still under construction. Most of the construction is over.The builder has promised me that he will complete the work and hand over the apartment within the next 3 months. He has given the EC which is up to date for the whole building and the land.

If it is necessary to get the EC before registration for the apartment which i am going to purchase, how can I get it when it is not recorded in the sub registrar office?

  • ansEncumbrance certificate is the certificate issued by the Registrar pertaining to a particular piece of land about the transaction made during the period you apply for. The sale, mortgage, settlement, Will, Gift or other deeds etc and the parties executed and beneficiaries, date of transaction, amount etc will be there for that period.

    Since builder has given you the EC, you can after obtaining opinion from your lawyer to purchase the property. Obtain a certificate from your lawyer that title is clear and marketable.

    You can also visit the concerned register office and file an application with a small fee. They will provide with up to date of the property details.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, I m interested to purchase a 7th floor flat in a society at…

I purchased a corner plot of around 270 sq.yards in 2009 from a reputed builder.…

We want to sell off our ancestral land which is in the name of my…

Hi sir one of my friend was given me surity for the proper for lap…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly