×

quesEncroachment by neighbor in my property

Entry throuh the gate of my alloted government quarter is being prevented by a neighbour, who claims that the land over which my right to way falls is his private land. Whereas the fact is that the land belongs to government and he is simply encroaching the same illegally. Under the circumstances, what should be done for immediate relief to me and under what provision that neighbour can be made criminally liable?

• ansDear Sir,

You need to go to court to seeking a direction from the court to stop him from interfering in your property and your right of way. Further, you should file a police complaint against your neighbour.

Advocate Dheeraj Gupta

South Ex., Delhi

• ansIf it is a easement right then you can go ahead and file criminal complaint under wrongful restrain and blocking of the passway.Therefore you can go ahead and also file a suit for declaration and damages .You can also file complaint in the competent authority that is DDA and MCD stating your grievances.

Advocate Nishant Solanki

• ansYou can make a case of criminal tresspass, wrongful restraint for immediate relief under criminal law. To understand the details need to consult.
    1. Your job profile.
    2. Neighbour's personal details.
    3. Property allotmemt and details regarding government allotment to you.

Advocate Ramaditya Tiwari

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansDear Client, you are hereby advised to file a Civil Suit against your neighbours. The access to your property is your easementary right. You are further advised to pray for stay in the construction of the same.

Advocate Neeraj Dubey

Lajpat Nagar-2, Delhi

• ansYou can approach the civil courts for seeking restraining order against your neighbour for the same which can be granted by the civil court where he have to prove how the property belongs to him and even otherwise interim stay can be granted in your favor restraining him from stopping to use that way.

Advocate Harshit Jain

Rohini, Delhi