quesEncroaching the common area.

I have purchased a flat in B+G+3 apartment (total 72 BHK & 3 BHK flats) at South Bangalore. More than half of the flats have been occupied and out of that some of them have got the respective flats registered in their name whereas the rest have not yet registered their flats. Builder is not willing to obtain Occupancy Certificate as there are deviations to the extent of 13%.

Now problem is that 20-25 flat owners have encroached the sub-passages (encroached area vary between 3-4' X 4-20') and have fixed iron gates there. It's a clear case of encroachment. Can I file a complaint with BBMP, will I also receive a Notice for shifting without obtaining Occupancy Certificate?

  • ansYes, you can file complaint with the local Municipality. If the Developer is also involved in this then you can file case in consumer forum as well.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Our elder sister and her husband passed away 15 years ago, after leaving good amount…

My son is a bank manager.he cheated me and took 16lac .He was the nominee…
My mother is residing in faridabad is legal hire of property and had written will…
i have a question, that can i open a shop at my place in parking…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly