Encroaching the common area.
I have purchased a flat in B+G+3 apartment (total 72 BHK & 3 BHK flats) at South Bangalore. More than half of the flats have been occupied and out of that some of them have got the respective flats registered in their name whereas the rest have not yet registered their flats. Builder is not willing to obtain Occupancy Certificate as there are deviations to the extent of 13%.
Now problem is that 20-25 flat owners have encroached the sub-passages (encroached area vary between 3-4' X 4-20') and have fixed iron gates there. It's a clear case of encroachment. Can I file a complaint with BBMP, will I also receive a Notice for shifting without obtaining Occupancy Certificate?
Yes, you can file complaint with the local Municipality. If the Developer is also involved in this then you can file case in consumer forum as well.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I file a case of defamation against my uncle
- Mutual divorce filed but wife not appearing after in second motion
- Tenant refusing to vacate the rented premises what action can I take
- Can Residential Welfare Association evict a tenant
- company has been sold out without any notice period